Sunday, February 21, 2010

Church Services This Week at Sullivan Hollow Second Ward Weber Heights Stake Ogden Utah 2-21-10


Doctrine and Covenants 6:32-37
  32 Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, asatouching bone thing, behold, there will I be in the cmidst of them—even so am I in the dmidst of you.

  33 aFear not to do bgood, my sons, for whatsoever ye csow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow dgood ye shall also reap good for your ereward.

  34 Therefore, fear not, little aflock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are bbuilt upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

  35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and asin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

  36 aLook unto me in every bthoughtcdoubt not, fear not.

  37 aBehold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the bnails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall cinherit the dkingdom of heaven. Amen.


2 Nephi 2:27

  27 Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might behmiserable like unto himself.

We have the freedom to choose, if we choose poorly our freedom becomes more limited.

Moses 1:6
  6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the asimilitude of mine bOnly cBegotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the dSavior, for he is full of egrace and ftruth; but there is gno God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I hknow them all.

If you skip breakfast you lose access to energy later in the day.  When we skip scripture study we can lose access to revelation.  We are free to choose our behavior.  By what we choose we are choosing the potential consequences.

2 Peter 2:19
  19 While they promise them aliberty, they themselves are the bservants of ccorruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in dbondage.

Doctrine and Covenants 58:42
  42 Behold, he who has arepented of his bsins, the same is cforgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.

Alma 26:22
  22 Yea, he that arepenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good bworks, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the cmysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be dgiven to ereveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

Lot points the door of his tent toward Sodom.  Then he is in the gates.  Then his is living in Sodom and horrible things happen to his family.

2 Nephi 28:20-21
  20 For behold, at that day shall he arage in the bhearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.

  21 And others will he apacify, and lull them away into carnal bsecurity, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the cdevil dcheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.


Beware of Pride - President Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, May 1989

Alma 26:12
  12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnotboast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

From the Bulletin:

Integrity means always doing what is right, regardless of the immediate consequences. It means being righteous from the very depth of our soul, not only in our actions, but, more importantly, in our thoughts and in our heart. Personal integrity implies such trustworthiness that we are incapable of being false to a trust or covenant.

We all have within us the ability to know what is right and good. Having received the Spirit of Christ to know good from evil, we should always choose the good. We need not be misled, even though fraud, deception, deceit, and duplicity often seem to be acceptable in our world. Lying, stealing, and cheating are commonplace. Integrity, a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards, is essential to the life of a true Latter-day Saint.

The consummate reward of integrity is the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost (see D&C 121:46). The Holy Ghost does not attend us when we do evil. But when we do what is right, he can dwell with us and guide us in all we do.

Let us strive for personal, practical integrity in every endeavor, regardless of how mundane or inconsequential it may seem. Te small matters accumulate to shape the direction of our lives.
Integrity, a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards, is essential to the life of a true Latter-day Saint. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Priceless Integrity"

No comments: