Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday Morning Session of General Conference April 4, 2010


President Deiter F. Uchtdorf - “You Are My Hands”

"It is not good to make others feel as though they are deficient."

"One woman who had been through years of trial and sorrow said through her tears, 'I have come to realize that I am like an old 20-dollar bill—crumpled, torn, dirty, abused, and scarred. But I am still a 20-dollar bill. I am worth something. Even though I may not look like much and even though I have been battered and used, I am still worth the full 20 dollars.'"

"True love requires action."
Elder Richard G. Scott - He Lives! All Glory to His Name!
“Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered” (2 Nephi 2:6–7).

Elder Donald L. Hallstrom - Turn to the Lord
"Throughout the world and among the membership of the Church, there is great joy and great pain. Both are part of the plan. Without one, we cannot know the other. "

“My soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain” (Alma 36:20).

“fools shall have thee in derision, . . . if thou art called to pass through tribulation; . . . if thine enemies fall upon thee; . . . if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, . . . and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good” (D&C 122:1, 5–7).

“The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?” (verse 8).

"Never let an earthly circumstance disable you spiritually."

“Clearly, those of us who have been entrusted with precious children have been given a sacred, noble stewardship, for we are the ones God has appointed to encircle today’s children with love and the fire of faith and an understanding of who they are” (“Behold Your Little Ones,” Tambuli, Oct. 1994, 40; “Great Shall Be the Peace of Thy Children,” Ensign, Apr. 1994, 60).
Elder Quintin L. Cook - We Follow Jesus Christ
"Ordinances and doctrines of great importance were initiated at the Last Supper."


John 13:34-35
  34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye alove one another; as I have loved you, that ye also blove one another.

  35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have alove one to another.

"It is appropriate to disagree, but it is not appropriate to be disagreeable."

"...we need to be civil in our discourse and respectful in our interactions."

President Thomas S. Monson - He Is Risen!
Acts 10:38
  38 How God aanointed Jesus of Nazareth with the bHoly Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were coppressed of the devil; for dGod was with him.

"Last summer, not long after Jason’s 15th birthday, he was once again admitted to the hospital. On one of his visits to see Jason, his father found him with his eyes closed. Not knowing whether Jason was asleep or awake, he began talking softly to him. 'Jason,' he said, 'I know you have been through a lot in your short life and that your current condition is difficult. Even though you have a giant battle ahead, I don’t ever want you to lose your faith in Jesus Christ.' He said he was startled as Jason immediately opened his eyes and said, 'Never!' in a clear, resolute voice. Jason then closed his eyes and said no more.

His father wrote: “In this simple declaration, Jason expressed one of the most powerful, pure testimonies of Jesus Christ that I have ever heard. . . . As his declaration of ‘Never!’ became imprinted on my soul that day, my heart filled with joy that my Heavenly Father had blessed me to be the father of such a tremendous and noble boy. . . . [It] was the last time I heard him declare his testimony of Christ.'"

No comments: