Dispensation of the fullness of times
Things that has been restored
-Organization of the church
-The sealing power
-Ordinances (baptism, temple)
-The plan of salvation
-The nature of the god head and attributes of Heavenly Father
Doctrine and Covenants 13:1
1 Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth, until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.
Doctrine and Covenants 128:24
24 Behold, the great day of the Lord is at hand; and who can abide the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fuller’s soap; and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. Let us, therefore, as a church and a people, and as Latter-day Saints, offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness; and let us present in his holy temple, when it is finished, a book containing the records of our dead, which shall be worthy of all acceptation.
What is the offering sons of Levi give? Genealogy and temple work. Even though only the Melchizedek
priesthood wasn't available to the, they were responsible for the temple ordinances that were available to them at that time.
In addition to the Savior are there people in our life or our family istory that have saved us in some way?
2 Nephi 11-25
1 Nephi 19:23
23 And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.
The Book of Mormon is to come forth to the Gentile nations and what Nephi chose to highlight for them was Isaiah.
When you have the spirit you view the world and Isaiah differently.
Because the language and symbolism you have to read Isaiah slower and pay closer attention to each word or phrase.
ELDER BRUCE R. MCCONKIE, Ten Keys to Understanding Isaiah, Ensign October 1973
1) Gain an over-all knowledge of the plan of salvation and of God's dealings with his earthly children.
2) Learn the position and destiny of the house of Israel in the Lord's eternal scheme of things.
3) Know the chief doctrines about which Isaiah chose to write.
4) Use the Book of Mormon: (See videos enclosed)
5) Use latter-day revelation.
6) Learn how the New Testament interprets Isaiah.
7) Study Isaiah in its Old Testament context.
8) Learn the manner of prophesying used among the Jews in Isaiah's day.
9) Have the spirit of prophecy.
10) Devote yourself to hard, conscientious study.
Ryan S. Gardner and David A. Edwards. How Can I Understand Isaiah?, New Era march 2012
1. Realize you already know a lot.
2. Know Isaiah’s main topics.
3. Take advantage of the words of latter-day scriptures and prophets.
4. Get to know Isaiah’s world.
5. Commit to study by the Spirit.
What is a patriarchal blessing?
“It is a personal revelation from your Heavenly Father, who knows your strengths, weaknesses, and eternal potential. Through your patriarchal blessing, He will help you learn what He expects of you. Your blessing may contain promises, admonitions, and warnings. As time goes on, you will recognize the power of the revelation in it.” (True to the Faith, “Patriarchal Blessings”)
Do we truly treat our patriarchal blessing as a guide for our lives?