Sunday, December 01, 2013

Church Services This Week at Ridge Crest Ward Northridge Stake Layton Utah 1 Dec 2013

Elders Quorum
What does it mean to be sanctified?  To be made pure or holy.  Sanctification is often compared or even confused with justification, which is bringing us back in harmony with God.


Sanctification = To be made holy.
Justification = To be brought back in harmony with God.


Ether 12:27
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


The only way we become sanctified and like Christ is to already be working with him, walking with him, and learning from Him.


Men and women often see things differently and behave differently because their defaults are set differently.  It is very hard to change our default settings.



Sunday School
Doctrine and Covenants 1:38
38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.


When people reject our doctrine and try to contend with us, we just present what we can, but we need not make excuses.  The universe works the way it works, whether they accept it or not.


In 1971 Church magazines began.


Doctrine and Covenants 84:109-110
109 Therefore, let every man stand in his own office, and labor in his own calling; and let not the head say unto the feet it hath no need of the feet; for without the feet how shall the body be able to stand?
110 Also the body hath need of every member, that all may be edified together, that the system may be kept perfect.


Sacrament service
Testimonies

No comments: