Sunday, December 14, 2014

Church Services This Week at Ridge Crest Ward Northridge Stake Layton Utah 14 December 2014

Elders Quorum
R Val Johnson, The Answer to All the Hard Questions, Ensign December 2014
Trials -  What are the hard questions of life?
There may be a reason why people behave the way they do. We should try to understand before we judge.

When we have trials, remember that things don't happen as random as we someone perceive. We  need to realize that this life is to be tried, so trials are the point not a road block. Our trials are often smaller in an eternal perspective than we perceive.  Life is temporary and God wants all things to be for our good.   He will not let us be tried beyond our capacity if we keep reaching for his help.

We need to rely on spiritual affirmations. We should not rely on other people for our testimonies or for our self estate.   We should rely on the spirit and not on our priesthood leaders, our employers, our parents, or even our spouses for our affirmations of faith or confidence.

"...first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. " (President Dieter F Uchtdorf, Come Join With Us, October 2013 General Conference)

Sunday School
2nd monthly lesson

One of the young women said Doctrine and Covenants has so many good answers to life.

Jeremiah 1:5-9
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
7 ¶But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

God knew us for a long time before we were born. He spent time before we came to earth to prepare us for this life.

Mosiah 2:11
11 But I am like as yourselves, subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen by this people, and consecrated by my father, and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be a ruler and a king over this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve you with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me.

“To consecrate is to set apart or dedicate something as sacred, devoted to holy purposes. True success in this life comes in consecrating our lives—that is, our time and choices—to God’s purposes (see John 17:1, 4; D&C 19:19). In so doing, we permit Him to raise us to our highest destiny.” (Elder D. Todd Christofferson, Reflections on a Consecrated Life, October 2010 General Conference) - wiki set apart,  consecrated

Moses 6:31-34
 31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?
 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
 33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
 34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.

List people that accomplished something they would not have been able to without the Lord's help.



No comments: