Sunday, April 10, 2016

Church Services This Week at Ridge Crest Ward Northridge Stake Layton Utah 10 April 2016

Elders Quorum
First Presidency Message
What was one thing you felt or learned during general conference?

Don't wait for our family members to ask for a blessing to offer one.

We get credit for trying.

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Dnc 1:38
38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

I remembered the counsel a loving and kind President Harold B. Lee (1899–1973) had given me earlier with great emphasis: ‘Hal, if you want to get revelation, do your homework.’
We have to think about what we want to understand and then the Lord will give us more than we found on our own.

I read, pondered, and prayed over that 22nd draft. I studied as best I could under the influence of the Holy Ghost. By the time that quorum member gave his talk, I had done my homework. I am not sure I helped, but I know that I was changed when I heard the talk given. Messages came to me far beyond the words that I had read and that he spoke. The words had greater meaning than the ones I had read in the draft. And the message seemed to be meant for me, fitted to my needs.

Sunday School
My teaching partners lesson on apostasy
Thessalonians 2:3
 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Amos 8:11-12
 11 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:
 12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

In Christ’s ancient Church the members of the Church were called saints (Ephesians 2:19-20)
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
See Chapter 16: The Church of Jesus Christ in Former Times

Sacrament Service

Heavenly Father wants us to be obedient because he knows what will keep us safe and He loves us.

No comments: