Sunday, July 02, 2017

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 2 Jul 2017

Bulletin 

2 Nephi 10:19

19 Wherefore, I will consecrate this land unto thy seed, and them who shall be numbered among thy seed, forever, for the land of their inheritance; for it is a choice land, saith God unto me, above all other lands, wherefore I will have all men that dwell thereon that they shall worship me, saith God.


Sacrament Service 

Testimonies


Sunday School 

Dnc 49:23

23 Wherefore, be not deceived, but continue in steadfastness, looking forth for the heavens to be shaken, and the earth to tremble and to reel to and fro as a drunken man, and for the valleys to be exalted, and for the mountains to be made low, and for the rough places to become smooth—and all this when the angel shall sound his trumpet.


Definition of  Steadfast - resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering.


Frasier Eaten was offended because he had donated $700 to build the Kirtland temple and was not allowed to attend the first dedication service because there were no seats. 


Simon Ryder left the Church because his last name was misspelled on his mission call.


What little things do we let rattle us, so that we do not do our duty.


God is not our butler.  Prayer is not a grocery list. 


Elders Quorum 

LDS.Org gospel topics - Repentance


Repentance is more than changing the behavior. There must be a change of heart. 


Mosiah 2

36 And now, I say unto you, my brethren, that after ye have known and have been taught all these things, if ye should transgress and go contrary to that which has been spoken, that ye do withdraw yourselves from the Spirit of the Lord, that it may have no place in you to guide you in wisdom’s paths that ye may be blessed, prospered, and preserved—

37 I say unto you, that the man that doeth this, the same cometh out in open rebellion against God; therefore he listeth to obey the evil spirit, and becometh an enemy to all righteousness; therefore, the Lord has no place in him, for he dwelleth not in unholy temples.


We often get to jump to the end and just forsake our sin and skip the rest of the process and then we end up returning to our sin. It is like teenagers that want all the benefits of adulthood without any of the struggle to get there. 


Matthew 11

28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


No comments: