Sunday, April 21, 2019

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 21 April 2019

Sacrament Service

Bulletin

John 11:25

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:


First Speaker

A young woman that is leaving on a mission soon spoke to us.


Change from God has been hard throughout history. (Jonah and Ninevah’s repentance, Peter and Gentile converts, etc)


Sometimes it feels like God is not answering your question, but you can feel Him helping you take the next steps of faith.


DnC 9

7 Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.

8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

9 But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me.


Next Speaker

Everything we do in the Church is supposed to bring people to Christ.


Matthew 11

28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. … All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable. … It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.” (Orson F. Whitney, in Spencer W. Kimball, Faith Precedes the Miracle (1972), 98.)


The Church is hierarchal, but the atonement is very personal.


“In the upper room on the night of the Last Supper, the very night during which He would experience the greatest suffering that ever took place in all of the worlds created by Him, Christ spoke about the Comforter and peace:” (Elder David A. Bednar, “A Christlike Character”, From a Brigham Young University–Idaho Religion Symposium address given on January 25, 2003.)


Sunday School

Before Christ was resurrected there was no resurrection. 


1 Corinthians 15

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


Christ helps us through our trials by teaching us the reason we go through trials in general. 


Ether 12

26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;


No comments: