Sunday, July 07, 2019

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 7 July 2019

Sacrament Service 

Bulletin

Ether 9:20

20 And thus the Lord did pour out his blessings upon this land, which was choice above all other lands; and he commanded that whoso should possess the land should possess it unto the Lord, or they should be destroyed when they were ripened in iniquity; for upon such, saith the Lord: I will pour out the fulness of my wrath.


Testimonies

Isaiah 55

8 ¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Knowledge of something can seem meaningless as we go through our week.


A brother talked about the Church history library.  He said they will take your private histories, if you want, and remove sacred or embarrassing information and then publish them online for you.



Sunday School 

Pilot did not want to upset the taxpayers and have that word get back to Rome. If he caused a riot, he could get in trouble. 


Politicians today also refuse to take responsibility to do the right thing because of not wanting to be unpopular and lose votes. 


Matthew 27:46

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?


We do not earn salvation, but we qualify for it by applying Christ's atonement and becoming who he would have us become.


No comments: