Sunday, April 18, 2021

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 18 April 2021

Sunday School

DnC 37-40

Initially the members of the Church gathered to specific locations likely for safety, to be trained on what the Lord was establishing, and to bring in some future leaders of the Church.  Once the Church had some roots, around 1920 the focus was shifted to gather in stakes where you lived.


“God is among us—and is personally involved in our lives and actively guiding His children.”

“My heart overflows with gratitude for my Heavenly Father. I realize that He has not doomed His children to stumble through mortality without hope for a bright and eternal future. He has provided instructions that reveal the way back to Him. And at the center of it all is His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice for us.”

...

“If we earnestly keep practicing, always striving to keep God’s commandments, and committing our efforts to repenting, enduring, and applying what we learn, line upon line, we will gather light into our souls. And though we may not fully comprehend our full potential now, ‘we know that, when [the Savior] shall appear,’ we will see His countenance in us and ‘shall see him as he is.’”

“His message was and is a message of hope and belonging—a testimony that God our Heavenly Father has not abandoned His children.


“That God is among us!”

...

“the King of kings invites us to take flight into an unimaginable future of divine happiness?”

“We can stand before Him pure, worthy, and sanctified.” (Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “God among Us” , April 2021 General Conference)


Micah 2:12-13

12 ¶ I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.


13 The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: and their king shall pass before them, and the Lord on the head of them.


“I know that temples of the Lord are holy places. My purpose today in speaking of temples is to increase your desire and mine to be worthy and ready for the increased opportunities for temple experiences that are coming for us.


“For me, the greatest motivation to be worthy of temple experiences is what the Lord has said of His holy houses:


“‘Inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and do not suffer any unclean thing to come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall rest upon it;


“‘Yea, and my presence shall be there, for I will come into it, and all the pure in heart that shall come into it shall see God.


“‘But if it be defiled I will not come into it, and my glory shall not be there; for I will not come into unholy temples.’


“President Russell M. Nelson made clear for us that we can ‘see’ the Savior in the temple in the sense that He becomes no longer unknown to us. President Nelson said this: ‘We understand Him. We comprehend His work and His glory. And we begin to feel the infinite impact of His matchless life.’


“If you or I should go to the temple insufficiently pure, we would not be able to see, by the power of the Holy Ghost, the spiritual teaching about the Savior that we can receive in the temple.” (President Henry B. Eyring, “I Love to See the Temple”, April 2021 General Conference)


Sacrament Service

First Speaker

“To not be afraid, especially of doing what is right.” (Courage, Bible Dictionary)


Courage does not have to be an “in your face” event.


Next Speaker

It is bad to speak up in these troubled times.  Maybe it will help us more than those we share with.


“They did in reality appear to me.”


“I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.” (Joseph Smith History 1:25)


No comments: