Sunday, September 25, 2022

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 25 September 2022

Sacrament Service

First Speaker

There is no better partner in life than God.


Isaiah 40:31

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


Isaiah 41:10

10 ¶ Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


Many of the great leaders of the scriptures were either teenagers or were prepared as teenagers.


Isaiah 30:1

1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:


“What, then, does it mean to wait upon the Lord? In the scriptures, the word wait means to hope, to anticipate, and to trust. To hope and trust in the Lord requires faith, patience, humility, meekness, long-suffering, keeping the commandments, and enduring to the end.


“To wait upon the Lord means planting the seed of faith and nourishing it ‘with great diligence, and … patience.’


“It means praying as the Savior did—to God, our Heavenly Father—saying: ‘Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done.’ It is a prayer we offer with our whole souls in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ.


“Waiting upon the Lord means pondering in our hearts and “receiv[ing] the Holy Ghost” so that we can know ‘all things what [we] should do.’


“As we follow the promptings of the Spirit, we discover that “tribulation worketh patience” and we learn to ‘continue in patience until [we] are perfected.’” (Elder Robert D. Hales, “Waiting upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done”, October 2011 General Conference)


You wait for someone when they are capable of coming through for you.  


Isaiah 49

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


Next Speaker

One made a beautiful box for a pearl.  So much so that people began to admire the box and ignore the pearl.

 

No comments: