Sunday, June 19, 2011

Church Services This Week at Sullivan Hollow Second Ward Weber Heights Stake Ogden Utah June 6-19-2011

The Family Can Be Eternal
Work to make each other happy.  Put your selfish interests aside.

Immortality - living forever - just existing
Eternal life - carrying life forward - truly living

Be consistent in the teaching of and example to our children.

Proverbs 22:6
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.


Luke 22;John 13-15

Pascal lamb represented Christ.  The sprinkling of the blood was like taking Christ's sacrifice upon us.

John 13 - The Son of God washed their feet.  If the son of god would serve at that level, what act of service is beneath us?


“By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.” (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)

I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done.” (Elder Henry B Eyring, O Remember, Remember, October 2007 General Conference)


From the Bulletin
"Let us reflect gratitude for our fathers. Father . . . is ever willing to sacrifice his own comfort for that of his children. Daily he toils to provide the necessities of life, never complaining, ever concerned for the well-being of his family. This love for children, this desire to see them well and happy, is a constant in a time of change." President Thomas S. Monson, "An Attitude of Gratitude," Ensign, Feb. 2000, 4

No comments: