Sunday, June 26, 2011

Church Services This Week at Sullivan Hollow Second Ward Weber Heights Stake Ogden Utah June 6-26-2011

One of the reasons we have the temple is to make us less selfish.  Not only are we doing work for someone else, but it generally costs gas and time to do so.

The comforter
John 14-16
John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 16:7
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the  Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Bring all things to our remembrance - we remember how God got us through similar trials in the past.  We remember things we have learned previously that can help us cope with what we are going through.
The Holy Ghost bears witness of truth.  This includes truths that are found in academic and professional pursuits.
John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Intercessory Prayer
John 17
Immortality vs Eternal Life
  • Being on life support vs not being bed ridden
  • Being a child vs being an adult
  • Just being alive vs really living


Missionary that returned from the Slovakia mission spoke to us
1 Nephi 11:16
16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?
Condescension of God.  One can condescend with out be condescending.
Doctrine and Covenants 59:9
9 And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day;
John 17:3
 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.



From the Bulletin
Guides to Courage and Strength "At the moment, these four guides—prayer, obedience to God's commandments, daily scripture study, and a commitment to follow the living prophet—may seem like small and simple things. Let me remind you of the scripture found in Alma: 'Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass' (Alma 37:6). When applied in our everyday lives, these four 'small and simple' guides from the book of Joshua will combine to provide the most powerful source of courage and strength there is: faith in our Heavenly Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ." Sister Ann M. Dibb, "Be of Good Courage," Ensign, May 2010, 116

No comments: