Sunday, January 15, 2012

Church Services This Week at Sullivan Hollow Second Ward Weber Heights Stake Ogden Utah January 1-15-2012

Elders Quorum
Chapter 2 - Teachings of George Albert Smith
“I do not have an enemy that I know of, and there is no one in the world that I have any enmity towards. All men and all women are my Father’s children, and I have sought during my life to observe the wise direction of the Redeemer of mankind—to love my neighbor as myself. … You will never know how much I love you. I have not words to express it. And I want to feel that way toward every son and every daughter of my Heavenly Father.” (George Albert Smith, “After Eighty Years,” Improvement Era, Apr. 1950, 263)

Luke 10 - The story of the good Samaritan.

You can move out of a neighborhood that has a couple of bad elements, but if the good people all move, what is left and the good people who are left that maybe can't move get overwhelmed.


What a happy world it would be if men everywhere recognized their fellowmen as brothers and sisters, and then followed that up by loving their neighbors as themselves.” (George Albert Smith, In Conference Report, Oct. 1946, 149)

Sunday School
Surely these things will be made known unto you- find scripture - wiki prayer

1 Nephi 11:26 - He descends from heaven to dwell among men.
 26 And the angel said unto me again: Look and behold the condescension of God!
 27 And I looked and beheld the Redeemer of the world, of whom my father had spoken; and I also beheld the prophet who should prepare the way before him. And the Lamb of God went forth and was baptized of him; and after he was baptized, I beheld the heavens open, and the Holy Ghost come down out of heaven and abide upon him in the form of a dove.
 28 And I beheld that he went forth ministering unto the people, in power and great glory; and the multitudes were gathered together to hear him; and I beheld that they cast him out from among them.

Sacrament Service
Doctrine and Covenants 87:8
8 Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen.

The chapel, the stake house, and the temple are sacred as they contribute to the building of the most sacred institution in the Church—the home—and to the blessing of the most sacred relationships in the Church, the family” (President Boyd K Packer, That All May Be Edified, pages 234–35)


Alma 37:6
 6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.


“...you are . . . surrounded by opportunities for service. . . . Often small acts of service are all that is required to lift and bless another.” (Thomas S. Monson, “Three Goals to Guide You,Ensign, Nov. 2007, 120)

From The Bulletin
Ward Conference Theme:
Alma 37:7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

No comments: