One of the youth bore testimony about prayer. He said he has thought a lot about the hymn "Did You Think to Pray". He said that he thought about the line "When your heart is filled with anger" a couple of times this week. He said that he prayed and it restored his heart to a good place.
Being Born Again
One must be born of the water and the spirit (v5). Baptism is a requirement.
Evidences of being born again:
- Experience a mighty change in our hearts.
- Mosiah 5
2 And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty achange in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do bevil, but to do good continually.
- Alma 512 And according to his faith there was a mighty achange wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true.14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye aspiritually been bborn of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty cchange in your hearts?
26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a achange of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the bsong of redeeming love, I would ask, ccan ye feel so now?
- Be changed from carnal to righteous state.
- Mosiah 27
25 And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be aborn again; yea, bborn of God, cchanged from their carnal and dfallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his esons and daughters;
- Become God's sons and daughters
- Mosiah 27:25
- Mosiah 5
7 And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the achildren of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are bchanged through faith on his name; therefore, ye are cborn of him and have become his dsons and his daughters.
- Become new creatures
- Mosiah 27
26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in anowise inherit the kingdom of God.
- Have the image of God engraven upon our countenances.
- Alma 5
14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye aspiritually been bborn of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty cchange in your hearts?
19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the aimage of God engraven upon your countenances?
- Repent so our garments are purified until they are cleansed from all stain through the blood of Christ.
- Alma 5
21 I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be asaved; for there can no man be saved except his bgarments are washed white; yea, his garments must be cpurified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins.
33 Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto aall men, for the barms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
- Alma 22
18 O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck aas if he were dead.
Jesus is our sure foundation. What is it like to have a house that is not on a sure foundation. Here are a few foundations that I have heard of recently that were not sure.
- A house that build on land that was not properly researched and now the house is sinking into the water table.
- Houses built on ice that are dropping into the sea due to climate changes. Not only were they built on ice, but right on the coast of the ocean.
- House built on the banks of a river. When spring rains come of melting snow they find their yards, basements, and other areas of their property flooded.
- Building an entire city in a bowl surrounded by the ocean and a large lake that has been damned up.