March 21 7PM – Adult Session of Stake Conference – At Stake Center
March 22 Noon – Sunday Session of Stake Conference – At the Ogden Tabernacle
We talked about how to consecrate oil. We were reminded that we are consecrating the oil and not the container. We talked of the oil not being medicinal and not to drink it or apply it to wounds. We stated that even though the oil is consecrated it is still just oil and will go bad and should be replaced occasionally.
We talked about being a good husband and father.
Some Characteristics of a Good Father
- Hard Working
- Good Example
- Even Tempered
- Loves His Wife (Will show it his children how to treat her and other women and girls by the way he treats her)
- A Friend
- Continually Learning(spiritual and temporal)
- Provide, Preside, Protect
- “By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.” (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
- Keep up with current events in the kid world as well as the “adult” world.
- Doctrine and Covenants 93:12
- 25 And again, inasmuch as aparents have children in Zion, or in any of her bstakes which are organized, that cteach them not to understand the ddoctrine of repentance, faith in Christ the Son of the living God, and of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of the hands, when eeight years old, the fsin be upon the heads of the parents.
It is the husband’s responsibility to see that family home even, family prayer, and family scripture study happens.
Start doing family home evening, scripture study, and prayer. If you are waiting for your wife to do it then your relationship is upside down.
Characteristics of a Good Husband
- Gives Time
- Listens (2 ears, not 1 ear and a TV)
- Worthy Priesthood Holder
- Good Father List
- Encourages Wife to Nurture Her Talents
- Does Not Feel That He is “Baby-Sitting” whenever he has to stay hold alone with his kids.
“God will hold us accountable for how we treat His precious daughters.” (“Honor the Priesthood and Use It Well”,
Elder Richard G. Scott Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, October 2008 General Conference)
Lesson 9: “The Only True and Living Church” 48
What does it mean to live? Or to be Alive? A rock vs a tree.
- A tree grows and progresses.
- A tree produces something.
Prophesies fulfilled or started to be fulfilled in 1830
- Isaiah 11:11-12 – Israel shall be gathered.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the asecond time to brecover the cremnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the dislands of the sea.
12 And he shall set up an aensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
- Isaiah 29:13-14 – Commencing the marvelous work restoring God’s wisdom.
13 ¶ Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people adraw near me with their bmouth, and with their lips do chonour me, but have dremoved their eheart far from me, and their ffear toward me is taught by the gprecept of men:
14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a amarvellous bwork among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the cwisdom of their wise men shall dperish, and the eunderstanding of their fprudent men shall be hid.
Doctrine and Covenants 1:30
30 And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have apower to lay the foundation of this bchurch, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of cdarkness, the only true and living dchurch upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well epleased, fspeaking unto the church collectively and not individually—
Christ did and is doing much more than die for us.
From the Bulletin:
"Everybody can be great because everybody can serve." (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." (Vincent van Gogh)
"By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass." (Alma 37:6,7)
Hope is critical to both faith and charity. When disobedience, disappointment, and procrastination erode faith, hope is there to uphold our faith. When frustration and impatience challenge charity, hope braces our resolve and urges us to care for our fellowmen even without expectation of reward. The brighter our hope, the greater our faith. The stronger our hope, the purer our charity. ("The Infinite Power of Hope", President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency, November 2008 Ensign)