Sunday, November 16, 2014

Church Services This Week at Ridge Crest Ward Northridge Stake Layton Utah 16 November 2014

Elders Quorum
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith Chapter 24-The Work of Latter-day Saint Women: “Unselfish Devotion to This Glorious Cause”
"I say there is no limit to the good that our sisters can do."

"My children and I were at her bedside as she slipped peacefully into eternity. As I held her hand and saw mortal life drain from her fingers, I confess I was overcome. Before I married her, she had been the girl of my dreams, to use the words of a song then popular. She was my dear companion for more than two-thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord, really my superior. And now in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams." (President Gordon B Hinckley, The Women in Our Lives, General Conference October 2004)

"I am grateful to be able to say that in our long life together I cannot remember a serious quarrel. Small differences occasionally, yes, but nothing of a serious nature. I believe our marriage has been as idyllic as anyone’s could possibly be." (President Gordon B Hinckley, The Women in Our Lives, General Conference October 2004)

"’God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good’ (Gen. 1:31).
“But the process was not complete.
“‘For Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
“‘And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
“‘And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
“‘And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman’ (Gen. 2:20–23).
“And so Eve became God’s final creation, the grand summation of all of the marvelous work that had gone before."(President Gordon B Hinckley, The Women in Our Lives, General Conference October 2004)

"’Neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord’ (1 Cor. 11:11).
“There is no other arrangement that meets the divine purposes of the Almighty. Man and woman are His creations. Their duality is His design. Their complementary relationships and functions are fundamental to His purposes. One is incomplete without the other." (President Gordon B Hinckley, The Women in Our Lives, General Conference October 2004)

"The girl you marry will take a terrible chance on you. She will give her all to the young man she marries. He will largely determine the remainder of her life. She will even surrender her name to his name." (President Gordon B Hinckley, Living Worthy of the Girl You Will Marry, General Conference April 1998)

Look for opportunities to serve your wife this week.

Sunday School
Part of The lesson was based on Elder Holland's talk "Lord, I Believe" from April 2013 General Conference.
Mark 9:24
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“When problems come and questions arise, do not start your quest for faith by saying how much you do not have, leading as it were with your “unbelief.” That is like trying to stuff a turkey through the beak! Let me be clear on this point: I am not asking you to pretend to faith you do not have. I am asking you to be true to the faith you do have. Sometimes we act as if an honest declaration of doubt is a higher manifestation of moral courage than is an honest declaration of faith.”

“You have more faith than you think you do.”

“...what we know will always trump what we do not know.”

“So be kind regarding human frailty—your own as well as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and women. Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we. And when you see imperfection, remember that the limitation is not in the divinity of the work”

“I told this boy that belief was always the first step toward conviction and that the definitive articles of our collective faith forcefully reiterate the phrase ‘We believe.’”

“Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.”

Sacrament Service
A guy that returned from the Texas Houston mission a year or so ago spoke to us.

A high councilman also spoke to us.

No comments: