Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday May 28, 2006

Sacrament Meeting
Agency - If we are given a box of legos and directions, we can follow the directions of build whatever we want. The speaker related that to if someone wrongs us we can choose to do what God would have us do or we can act out on our own.

Another speaker took his material from Elder Uchdorf's talk on Seeing the Beginning from the End. I have commented on this elsewhere, so I won't go into it too much, but the gist of it is that we have limited perspective and we can sometimes get lost in the trial at hand and can't see what the blessing is at the end of it. Elder Uchdorf talks of his lung disease that was healed due to the hard work he had to do as a kid to help provide for his family.

The speaker added the scripture Words of Mormon 1:7.
And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.

Sunday School
What do we want spoken about us? What one thing can we do this week to make that vision come true?
-------------
Ruth became one of the children on Israel by marriage even thought Israel had been commanded to conquer her people.


Priesthood
The lesson was based on Elder Hales talk on Agency from last conference. I didn't catch all of the lesson since my foru-year old had gave a talk in Primary.

No comments: