Sunday, September 02, 2018

Church Services This Week at Powell, Wyoming First Ward 2 Sept 2018

Sacrament Service 

Testimony Meeting

Remember the poor.


We are all of a divine nature.


Use technology to make you stronger, but don’t let it be a distraction and make you weaker.


We cannot be casual without efforts with our spirit and testimony.


We are as valuable to God as anyone in biblical times.


When a priesthood blessing is given, we need to remember to give a blessing and not just council or comfort.


Don’t ask “Why me?” - Ask, “What am I supposed to learn?”.


Sunday School

Job 1, 2, 13

Job 1:21

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.


Job 2:9-10

9 ¶ Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.


Job 19:25 - Jesus in the Old Testament

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:


Integrity means to be whole, like an integer is a whole number. Like a ship that stays afloat and does not take on water has integrity. Like a bowl that holds water has integrity. 


If we have integrity while we serve it becomes like muscle memory and we can do it without thinking mucho. 


Mentally act in service while we act physically. 


Elders Quorum 

“Not long ago, I attended a sacrament meeting in which a new baby was to be given a name and a father’s blessing. The young father held his precious infant in his arms, gave her a name, and then offered a beautiful prayer. But he did not give that child a blessing. That sweet baby girl got a name but no blessing! That dear elder did not know the difference between a prayer and a priesthood blessing. With his priesthood authority and power, he could have blessed his infant, but he did not. I thought, ‘What a missed opportunity!’”


Asking that someone be blessed is a prayer. Giving a priesthood blessing is direct. 


Dnc 132:47

47 And again, verily I say, whomsoever you bless I will bless, and whomsoever you curse I will curse, saith the Lord; for I, the Lord, am thy God.


No comments: