Sunday, June 23, 2019

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 23 June 2019

Sacrament Service 

Bulletin

"I would invite all members of the Church to live with every more attention to the life and example of the Lord Jesus Christ, especially the love, hope and compassion He displayed. I pray that we might treat each other with more kindness, more courtesy, more humility and patience and forgiveness." - President Howard W Hunter


First Speaker

“Service is an important characteristic of disciples of Jesus Christ” - For the Strength of Youth


Next Speaker

A young person that recently returned from a mission to Florida spoke to us.


1 Nephi 11

21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?


Moroni 10:32

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.


Hymn - Because I Have Been Given Much


“Inspiration will help us minister to others for the Lord. You have seen that in your experience, as I have. My bishop once said to me—at a time when my wife was under great strain in her own life—“Every time I hear of someone in the ward who needs help, when I get there to help, I find that your wife was there ahead of me. How does she do that?’


She is like all who are great ministers in the Lord’s kingdom. It seems there are two things they do. Great ministers have qualified for the Holy Ghost as a nearly constant companion. And they have qualified for the gift of charity, which is the pure love of Christ. Those gifts have grown in them as they have used them in serving out of love for the Lord.” (President Henry B. Eyring, “His Spirit to Be with You”, April 2018 General Conference)


1 Ne 8:12

12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.


Elders Quorum 

Lesson was based on “Answers to Prayer”, Brook P Hales, April 2019 General Conference

Matt 7:7-8

7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.


DnC 88:64

64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;


How do we align our will to God's? 


Work to get to the point where you will always ask for what is God's will. 


Isaiah 55

8 ¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

 

No comments: