Sunday, April 25, 2021

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 25 April 2021

Elders Quorum

The discussion this week on Christ Is Risen; Faith in Him Will Move Mountains By President Russell M. Nelson

You can find the link to his talk here:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2021/04/49nelson?lang=eng


Hebrews 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.


“The Lord does not require perfect faith for us to have access to His perfect power. But He does ask us to believe.


“My dear brothers and sisters, my call to you this Easter morning is to start today to increase your faith. Through your faith, Jesus Christ will increase your ability to move the mountains in your life, even though your personal challenges may loom as large as Mount Everest.


“Your mountains may be loneliness, doubt, illness, or other personal problems. Your mountains will vary, and yet the answer to each of your challenges is to increase your faith. That takes work. Lazy learners and lax disciples will always struggle to muster even a particle of faith.


“To do anything well requires effort. Becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ is no exception. Increasing your faith and trust in Him takes effort. May I offer five suggestions to help you develop that faith and trust.” (From President Nelson’s talk)


3 Nephi 11:31-36

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.

32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.

33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.

34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost.

36 And thus will the Father bear record of me, and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost are one.


“May I offer five suggestions to help you develop that faith and trust.


“First, Study”

“Second, choose to believe in Jesus Christ.”

“Third, act in faith. What would you do if you had more faith? Think about it. Write about it. Then receive more faith by doing something that requires more faith.


“Fourth, partake of sacred ordinances worthily. Ordinances unlock the power of God for your life.


“And fifth, ask your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for help.


“Faith takes work. Receiving revelation takes work. But ‘every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.’ God knows what will help your faith grow. Ask, and then ask again.”


Sacrament Service

First Speaker

Our children need to learn about their ancestors.  They need to learn about their trials and about their faith.


Next Speaker

Doing genealogy might do as much for ourselves as it does for our ancestors.


“...as we participate in family history and temple work today, we also lay claim to “healing” blessings promised by prophets and apostles. These blessings are also breathtakingly amazing because of their scope, specificity, and consequence in mortality. This long list includes these blessings:”

“Increased influence of the Holy Ghost to feel strength and direction for our own lives;”

...

“Increased family blessings, no matter our current, past, or future family situation or how imperfect our family tree may be;

“Increased love and appreciation for ancestors and living relatives, so we no longer feel alone;”(Elder Dale G. Renlund, Family History and Temple Work: Sealing and Healing, April 2018 General Conference)


“family history work has the power to do something for the dead. It has an equal power to do something to the living. Family history work ... has a refining, spiritualizing, tempering influence on those who are engaged in it” (Boyd K. Packer, “Your Family History: Getting Started,” Ensign, Aug. 2003, 17)


“Whoever seeks to help those on the other side receives help in return in all the affairs of life” (Elder Widtsoe, (“Genealogical Activities,” p. 104).


No comments: