Sunday, November 28, 2021

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 28 Nov 2021

Sacrament Service 

First Speaker

3 Nephi 1:4-15


Second Speaker

John 2 - The time they ran out of wine at the wedding feast.

It was not Jesus’ time to do miracles yet, but his mom’s faith made an exception.


Matthew 15 - The time Jesus healed the daughter of a gentile woman.

He wasn’t there for anyone but the Jews, at that time, but her faith made an exception.


3 Nephi 17

4 But now I go unto the Father, and also to show myself unto the lost tribes of Israel, for they are not lost unto the Father, for he knoweth whither he hath taken them.

5 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.

6 And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.


He had to go and other work to do for the Father, but their father made Him stay a little longer.


Elders Quorum

The lesson was based on The Things of My Soul By Elder Ronald A. Rasband

"The things of our souls are often clarified and deepened by asking questions."


Who do we go to when we have questions? Ministering brothers and sisters. Strong members of the ward. 


How do we know when we know the Lord? The Holy Ghost needs to bear witness to us. Look to the prophets and apostles as a reflection of him. 


I heard these two quotes in class today:


“I would die for every person in my unit and I don't even like some of them.“


“I love a lot of people, but there are far fewer of them that I'd want to go boating with.”


You don't have to want to go boating with someone to love them.


No comments: