Sunday, March 19, 2023

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 19 March 2023

Sacrament Service 

First Speaker

Matthew 11:28-30

28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Next Speaker 

Luke 7


Enos 1

5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.


6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.


7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?


8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.


Words to the hymn "I Stand All Amazed". 


Moroni 10

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.


Sunday School 

The culture at the time of Jesus was that people with diseases were considered as having been smitten due to sin. Jesus giving proof of His power to forgive sins by healing disease was significant. 


"The Savior’s healing touch can transform lives in our day just as it did in His. If we will but have faith, He can take our hands, fill our souls with heavenly light and healing," (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Bearers of Heavenly Light”, October 2017 General Conference)


No comments: