Saturday, January 27, 2024

Church Services This Week at Layton North Stake Layton Utah Jan 27, 2024

Adult Session of Stake Conference 

Bulletin

3 Nephi 5:13

13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.


Husband and Wife Speakers

“Discipleship is a journey. We need the refining lessons of the journey to craft our character and purify our hearts. By patiently walking in the path of discipleship, we demonstrate to ourselves the measure of our faith and our willingness to accept God’s will rather than ours.” (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “The Way of the Disciple”, April 2009 General Conference)


Matthew 7

7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:


8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.


9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?


10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?


11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?


Next Speaker 

“My dad was smarter than I was when I was seven years old. Of course, I was smarter than he was when I was seventeen, but that changed later, too. He said to me one time, ‘You are not big enough to milk the cows.’


“Now, I knew I was. I was seven years old, and I knew I could milk the cows. So I proved to him that I could.


“My dad said, ‘You know, I believe you can milk. You’ve got the job.’ For the next ten years I milked eight to twelve cows night and morning. You may rest assured I got to the place where I did not want to milk, and once I said to Dad, ‘Dad, I don’t want to milk.’ He said, ‘That’s all right. You don’t have to want to—as long as you do it.’” 


Sacrifice and consecration brings us joy. 


“As Latter-day Saints, we have become accustomed to thinking of ‘church’ as something that happens in our meetinghouses, supported by what happens at home. We need an adjustment to this pattern. It is time for a home-centered Church, supported by what takes place inside our branch, ward, and stake buildings.” 

...

“We are each responsible for our individual spiritual growth. And scriptures make it clear that parents have the primary responsibility to teach the doctrine to their children. It is the responsibility of the Church to assist each member in the divinely defined goal of increasing his or her gospel knowledge.”

(President Russell M. Nelson, “Opening Remarks”, October 2018 General Conference)


No comments: