Sunday, July 08, 2018

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 8 July 2018

Bulletin

“Heavenly Father and the Savior are grateful that you do your part. They know you. They watch over you and they love you. “ (President Henry B. Eyring, “You Are Not Alone in the Work”, October 2015 General Conference)


Sacrament Service 

First Speaker

For the Strength of Youth pamphlet - Agency and Accountability

First line of each paragraph under this topic.


2 Nephi 2:17

17 And I, Lehi, according to the things which I have read, must needs suppose that an angel of God, according to that which is written, had fallen from heaven; wherefore, he became a devil, having sought that which was evil before God.


Next Speaker

1 Nephi 2

20 And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.


We have a choice land in America, but also choice opportunities, choice lives…


Next Speaker

Knowledge - Bible Dictionary


Moses 7:18

18 And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.


Sunday School 

David was arguably the most successful king of Israel. He united all the tribes of Israel. 


David's wives and concubines were given him by the prophets. Bathsheba was not. He took her on himself. 


Teaching in the Savior's Way

Principles connect doctrine and move the doctrines forward. 


3 Nephi 17:1-3

1 Behold, now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked round about again on the multitude, and he said unto them: Behold, my time is at hand.

2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.

3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again.


Matthew 16:13-16

13 ¶ When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

 

No comments: