Sunday, April 09, 2023

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah April 9, 2023

Sacrament Service

Easter

First Speaker

Ether 12:27

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


“While in prison, Paul wrote: “I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.


“I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed” (Philippians 4:11–12).


“In other words, Paul learned that, through Christ, he can overcome and learn from his trials and challenges. Jesus Christ can strengthen you to do the same.


“The Savior suffered “pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind.” He took upon Himself our infirmities so that “he may know … how to succor [which means to help] his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12). No matter what you face, Jesus Christ can strengthen you to endure and accomplish things you would not be able to do on your own.” (the Young Women and Young Men General Presidencies, “4 Ways Jesus Christ Strengthens You”, “For the Strength of Youth magazine January 2023)


Dnc 1:32

32 Nevertheless, he that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven;


“Since the Savior has suffered anything and everything that we could ever feel or experience, He can help the weak to become stronger. He has personally experienced all of it. He understands our pain and will walk with us even in our darkest hours.” (President James E. Faust, “The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope”, October 2001 General Conference)


Next Speaker

Through the resurrection all who we have lost can be restored to us.


We may not look forward to death, but we don’t have to fear it.


No comments: