Sunday, August 20, 2023

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah Aug 20, 2023

Sacrament Service 

First Speaker

1 Sam 16:7

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.


Next Speaker

“Jesus asked the Pharisees, ‘What think ye of Christ?’ In the final assessment, our personal discipleship will not be judged by friends or foes. Rather, as Paul said, ‘We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.’ At that day the important question for each of us will be, ‘What thinks Christ of me?’


“Even with His love for all mankind, Jesus reprovingly referred to some around Him as hypocrites, fools, and workers of iniquity. He approvingly called others children of the kingdom and the light of the world. He disapprovingly referred to some as blinded and unfruitful. He commended others as pure in heart and hungering after righteousness. He lamented that some were faithless and of the world, but others He esteemed as chosen, disciples, friends. And so we each ask, ‘What thinks Christ of me?’

...

“I testify that as you love Him, trust Him, believe Him, and follow Him, you will feel His love and approval. As you ask, ‘What thinks Christ of me?’ you will know that you are His disciple; you are His friend. By His grace He will do for you what you cannot do for yourself.

...

“I witness that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He suffered and died for our sins and rose the third day. He is resurrected. In a future day, every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is the Christ. On that day, our concern will not be, ‘Do others consider me Christian?’ At that time, our eyes will be fixed on Him, and our souls will be riveted on the question, ‘What thinks Christ of me?’” (Elder Neil L. Andersen, “What Thinks Christ of Me?”, April 2012 General Conference)


Romans 14:8

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.


Romans 14:11-12

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.


12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.


Romans 14:19

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.


DnC 84:110

110 Also the body hath need of every member, that all may be edified together, that the system may be kept perfect.


Next Speaker

The speaker said that the spirit taught him that we must be attentive to our agency and that we have the right to choose how we will manage the events and conditions of our life.


Isaiah 12:2-3

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.


“When the focus of our lives is on God’s plan of salvation...and Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening—or not happening—in our lives.”


Matthew 11

28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Youth Sunday School 

Romans 7-16


No comments: