Sunday, October 29, 2023

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah Oct 29, 2023

 Sacrament Service 

A young woman read her mission call.  She is going to serve in the Denmark Copenhagen Mission.


First Speaker

A young woman that recently got her endowment spoke to us.


Wearing the temple garment causes us to sacrifice the styles of the world.


One of our flaws, as humans, is that we are forgetful.  Things like temple garments, the sacrament, and work for our ancestors in the temple reminds us.


We can forget to fully keep the five covenants we make in the temple.


She said that anywhere there is a temple we have a home.  I have felt that way for a long time about our church meeting houses.  As I have traveled or moved around, whenever I knew there was a meetinghouse nearby I wanted to go see it, because it was home.


She expressed the thought that the temple is not just a cool accessory.


Next Speaker

Alma 32:26-27

26 Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.


Next Speaker

Through teaching, you are growing your testimony.


Joint EQ/RS

Some of the lesson was based on President Emily Belle Freeman's talk from last conference, “Walking in Covenant Relationship with Christ” 

“Think of the young man in a spot of trouble who met the Lord in a wilderness place. Jacob had journeyed far from home. In the dark of night, he had a dream that not only contained a ladder but also held significant covenant promises, including what I like to call the five-finger promise. On that night, the Lord stood beside Jacob, introduced Himself as the God of Jacob’s father, and then promised:


“I am with you.


“I will keep you safe.


“I will bring you home again.


“I will not leave you.


“I will keep my promise to you.”


Six covenants. 

  1. Baptism

  2. Live the law of obedience

  3. Obey the law of sacrifice

  4. Obey the law of the gospel of Jesus Christ

  5. Keep the law of chastity

  6. Keep the law of consecration


General Handbook: Serving in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 27.2 - "The word endowment means ‘a gift.’ The temple endowment is literally a gift from God through which He blesses His children." 

No comments: