Sunday, November 24, 2019

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 24 Nov 2019

Sacrament Service

Primary Program

Matthew 7:7

7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:


John 13:34

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.


John 8:31

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;


Article of Faith 6

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.


Matthew 28:19

19 ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:


John 5:39

39 ¶ Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.


John 12:26

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.


Article of Faith 3

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.


Job 19:25

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:


Elders Quorum

The lesson was based on Elder Henry B Eyring’s October 2019 General Conference talk, “Holiness and the Plan of Happiness”

“According to the Old Testament, things or places were holy that were set apart for a sacred purpose; the opposite of holy is therefore common or profane.” (“Holiness”, Bible Dictionary)


The world has cheapened the word holy to be an exclamation or derogatory term. 


When you feel the Holy Ghost is a moment of holiness. 


Someone recommended Robert Millet's book The Holy Spirit: His Identity, Mission, and Ministry

No comments: