Sunday, June 20, 2021

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah 20 June 2021

 Sacrament Service

Closing Song

“I'll go where you want me to go.” Also important I’ll not go where you don't want me to go. 

“I'll say what you want me to say.” Also important, I'll not say what you don't want me to say. 

“I'll do what you want me to do.” Also important, I'll not do what you don't want me to do. 


First Speaker

What makes a good dad?  The speaker suggested the following:

  • He loves me.

  • He fixes things.

  • He keeps bad guys away.

  • He listens to what Mom says.


Find out something about your dad or grandfather that you didn’t know.


Next Speaker

Fathers share their tools with their children.  Heavenly Father wants to share all that he has with his children.


The speaker testified of having his sister stranded in the mountains with a broken bolt on her Lexus.  He and his dad tried to figure out how to fix it, but they had no means available to them to do so.  They prayed.  He then thought to check his tool box for anything that could work to at least patch her up to get her out of the mountain where she could go get the right part.  He said, in his toolbox was the exact bolt she needed.  A bolt brand new from the factory.  There was no reason for him to have that bolt.  He doesn’t have a Lexus.  He has never worked on a Lexus.



Sunday School

Dnc 64:7-11

7 Nevertheless, he has sinned; but verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, forgive sins unto those who confess their sins before me and ask forgiveness, who have not sinned unto death.

8 My disciples, in days of old, sought occasion against one another and forgave not one another in their hearts; and for this evil they were afflicted and sorely chastened.

9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.

10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

11 And ye ought to say in your hearts—let God judge between me and thee, and reward thee according to thy deeds.


Matthew 18:23-35

23 ¶ Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.


No comments: