Sunday, December 10, 2023

Church Services This Week at Oak Ridge Ward Layton North Stake Layton Utah Dec 10, 2023

Sacrament Service 

Next Speaker

When we talk of Scrooge, it generally brings to mind his past sins, but we don’t often celebrate him for his repentance.


Alma 36:18-20

18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.


19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.


20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!


Next Speaker

Mosiah 4:9-10

9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.


10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.


If you look for worldly answers to worldly problems, you will not find solutions.


Alma 26:12

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.


Next Speaker

“Once you and I have made a covenant with God, our relationship with Him becomes much closer than before our covenant. Now we are bound together. Because of our covenant with God, He will never tire in His efforts to help us, and we will never exhaust His merciful patience with us. Each of us has a special place in God’s heart. …


“… Jesus Christ is the guarantor of those covenants (see Hebrews 7:22; 8:6).” (President Russell M. Nelson, “The Everlasting Covenant,” Liahona, Oct. 2022, 6, 10.)


Through Christ we can overcome things that are not humanly possible.


Elders Quorum 

The lesson was based on the talks, “Brothers and Sisters in Christ”, by Ulisses Soares and “Love Thy Neighbor”, by Ian S. Ardern 


No comments: